Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Highlight Of My Day

Tonight the kids and I were watching American Idol together on my bed.  While the 2 big ones and I were engrossed in the competition, Cooper found me (and to a lesser extent, my bed) to be a perfect substitute for a trampoline.  I was already quite ragged and very tired and a bit moody, so a 2-year-old crashing down on top of me every few minutes was not very enjoyable... to say the least.  


Then, out of no where he looked at me, flashed that beautiful smile, and said, "I love you."

I think that that was the first time that he has said that to me.  On his own.  For no particular reason.  Out of the blue.  

It was just what I needed to hear.

Then he joyfully said, "This is fun!"... and bounced away.

5 comments:

Emily said...

When this post popped up Claire said "Oh there Cooper. Kiss" She then climbed up beside the computer and laid a big one on his picture. I think she misses her sweet cousin.

Elizabeth said...

Makes it all worth it, huh? That's very sweet!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so sweet! And I love Emily's comment about Claire too ... what cute cousins.

Courtney said...

I can't wait to hear those words from Clinton!

Mama Jeannie said...

Awwwwww, Cooper. What a sweet sweet boy. I love that he loves his mommy so much and that he had so much fun jumping on the bed. :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails