Friday, July 18, 2008

Cooper's "Daddy Date"


Our kids love one-on-one time with their mom & dad! I think that all kids probably do. Corey & I do our best to take our kids on "dates" as often as possible to show them that we care about doing things with them that they enjoy and to cultivate a relationship with them that will someday be a deep friendship. So far, those dates have been with the "big kids", but last night Cooper got his turn. Jack was away from home, and Allie needed some alone time with me, so that left Corey & Cooper alone at home. Just for fun, I thought that I would see if there was anything at the dollar theatre for them to see together. Speed Racer was showing. Cooper is a HUGE Speed Racer fan! Corey jumped on the idea to take Cooper to the movie theatre and spend some one-on-one time with him, and Cooper was beyond THRILLED to have his first "Daddy Date".

~hugs & kisses with Daddy~




When they got home Cooper was asleep, so I didn't get to hear about his night out.  This morning he woke up, crawled into my lap, and a few seconds later came his first words of the morning...  "Mommy!!!!  You didn't say, 'Soooo, how was the movie Speed?'"  I died laughing!  The inflection that he used cannot be expressed in writing!  And the fact that he knew that I should have asked how his time away from me was... like I do with the big kids... hilarious!

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so great!

Emily said...

I L-O-V-E these pictures of Corey and Cooper!! They are treasures. I also love that you and Corey take the time and make the effort to be so involved with your kids and make them feel special. You are both great parents.

Mama Jeannie said...

I LOVE this!!!! You and Corey are amazing parents. The way you give such heartfelt exceeding abundant love to your kids is so... so.... well, for lack of a better word... admirable. As Allie, Jack, and Cooper's Gibbie, let's just say, I am thankful for you... more than you can know.

Sara said...

Those pictures are SO SWEET - and he IS HILARIOUS!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails