Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The "S Word"

Last night we were eating dinner and Cooper said to me - 


"Mommy, I won't say stupid."
"I'm not gonna say stupid."
"I won't say stupid, Mommy."

I said, "Good, Cooper."

"But Mommy, I will say 'that bad word' when I am angry'."

"Oh, no Cooper... don't say bad words when you are angry."

Then, he said, "Mommy, I will say 'that bad word' if the bad guys shoot me'."

Surprised, I said, "Cooper!  The bad guys are not going to shoot you!"

"But, Mom... I will say 'that bad word' when I have angry eyebrows like this."  (and he shows me)

"No, Cooper.  Don't say that word when you are angry."

Then he said, "But Mawwwwm... I will say 'that bad word' when the bad guys shoot me with their swords and the paint-ball guns!!!"

(I realize that this conversation may go on forever...)

"Okay, Cooper...", I concede.  

8 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh that Cooper. He just makes me laugh. You do too.

Jami said...

What a cute story - your little guy seems to be quite the entertainer!

Stephanie said...

That boy cracks me up!!

Amanda said...

Too funny! Cooper's so hilarious, yet so shy around me. I can't wait to have a Cooper moment of my own.

Elizabeth said...

What a funny boy! I love his brains! :-)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's so funny!!

Leslie Hargus said...

Ha ha ha ha! I have the same types of conversations with Austin.They are funny boys.

Sara said...

That's hilarious! Although Beau says that you're a "terrible mom" for telling your son that he can say "stupid". =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails