Friday, July 18, 2008

Durango

The middle of our vacation was spent in Durango, CO.  The hotel that we stayed in was so great - it was within walking distance of downtown, had Internet in the room, had a mountain view, and our balcony overlooked the river that runs through town.  It was very nice and comfortable.  The first night that we were in town we went to dinner with our niece Sarah and met her boyfriend, Seth.  It was so great to see them! 


~the pillow on our bed~
(I want one for home!)

Corey did more work on this leg of the trip than on any of the others.  One night while he was working, the kids and I had a mini-photo-shoot on the balcony.  I love getting pictures with my kids - a bit of a rarity since I am usually the one behind the camera.  However... some photos were harder to get than others.  (the ones where both Allie & I are in the picture.  ;))


The second day that we were in Durango the kids and I walked to McDonald's for breakfast while Corey did some work in the room.  Sarah and Seth met us there then we walked to a park.  It was a great walk along the river, and the park was so nice and shady and cool.

~girl cousins~
(Sarah is expecting a sweet baby girl named Clara Ann.  Yes, that makes me a great-aunt.  (for the 3rd time)  Wowzers!)
Not the best photo of Jack swinging at the park, but I had to document the feet. (This one's for you, Randi.)  My kids' feet looked like this (or worse) daily.  :)
Seth was so good with the kids!
Seth & Sarah
The afternoon of our second day in Durango we went to the ski mountain - Purgatory - to play.  I have memories of riding this mountain slide when I was a kid, and I was so excited to take my kids to make some memories there too.
~Cooper & me riding the mountain slide~
We went as fast as we could the entire way down... screaming and laughing the whole time.
~the bungee trampoline~
This was an absolute hit for the kids... and for us to watch!
Allie was a little reserved but enjoyed it.  Any time that she smiles, I feel my heart swell!  This made her smile a lot!

Jack was our little dare-devil.  He was a flippin' fool!

I laughed so hard that I cried - a lot- when Cooper jumped.  He would want to go high but would make the most terrified face when he would.  Then, his entire face would light up!

The big kids climbed the rock wall.
We all played putt-putt together.  Cooper chose all of our balls based on our favorite colors.


~Allie's Awesome Photography~
(the next 2 photos)

~maybe the greatest thing about the hotel... the hot tub~
I love this picture of Corey!  He works so hard, and really deserved a vacation and some time to relax!


~the kids, outside of our hotel room~
~this river was the view from our room~


5 comments:

MJ said...

Your pictures are so lovely. They make me feel nastolgic for my childhood, and a little (yes even though it's been 16 years since I moved away) homesick. Oh how I miss the mountains!

I am so happy that you are making such great memories with your children. That is definitely next on my list--show my children where I grew up.

Keep having fun and posting great pics!

Amanda said...

I absolutely love the pics of the kids on that trampoline thing. And now I know what you meant by "mountain slide." You said it to me several imtes, but until I saw the picture, I was really clueless. Looks like lots of fun!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great photos - I love the ones Allie took too!

And thanks for the foot photo! :)

Mama Jeannie said...

Thank you for always including your picture memories. Takes me back to the mountains...almost... that I love so much and have enjoyed since I was a child as well. I hope we can all go there together/at the same time for years to come.

Sara said...

I love a LOT about this post, but one of my favorites are Allie's pictures! You're amazing, Allie Cat, as usual!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails