Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Week Away

Well, I have been away from the computer and most the outside world, for that matter, for a week... it has been great!

If you know me very well, you know I love the mountains. I mean, I love them. They take my breath away and make me breathe easier all at the same time. I feel peaceful and calm and content when I am in their midst. I feel more like myself when I am in the mountains than any other time. It is really an amazing experience to meet with God and my family in a place that is so majestic. There are moments when I am in the mountains that I just have to cry when I realize where I am.

I have spent the last week in the mountains!!! And I have loved every moment of it. I have had a great time with my family, done some fun things, seen some amazing things, taken like 600 pictures so far, and the great news is... it's not over!!! I still have several more days here! Oh! I just feel all happy inside when I write that.

I wish that I had time to write about all that I have seen and done and felt and learned since I have been here, but tonight is not the night for that. I am hoping for a little "technology time" again tomorrow... we'll see.

Until then...

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Miss your posts .... so glad you're having such a great time!

Elizabeth said...

Miss you girly! Can't wait to see your pics!

Amanda said...

Glad you're having a good time, but we miss you! Can't wait 'til you're home again!

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my sweet Amy girl, you have spoken exactly what is in my heart. When I am in the mountains, it is in that place where my body and mind seem to somehow catch up with my spirit as glimpses of the power, heartbeat, and beauty of God become more evident. His mountains truly are majestic and clearly offer up praise and worship to honor Him. I am in awe of where we've been this last week as well and I love that we were able to spend some our precious "mountain time" together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails