Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So This Is What A Mid-Nap Potty Break Looks Like...

Okay, so I really debated about whether or not to take a picture of this... and then I really debated about whether or not I should blog about it and actually show the picture... but I just decided that I had to.  It is too funny not to. 

This afternoon I was not feeling very well, and the thought of a hot bath and a book seemed like the perfect "medicine".  I put Cooper down for a nap, got the big kids settled with a TV show, ran my bath, and began my "Calgon moment".  After several minutes, I heard Cooper cry in an unusual sounding way then I heard Allie's voice as she was talking to him.  Thankfully, she is old enough and responsible enough and kind enough to field a few things for me when I don't feel well.  I called out to Allie to ask what was going on, and she said that Cooper was okay - he had had to go potty during his nap - and all seemed to be fine now.  So... I resumed my mindless reading for several more minutes.  When I got out of the tub, I went to check on the baby boy.  His bedroom door was open, so I assumed that he had not returned to his bed for the remainder of his nap.  I was almost certain that I would find him sitting on the couch watching iCarly with his big brother and sister.  I checked.  He wasn't.  So, I started looking around, and here is what I found....

He had totally fallen back to sleep - a deep sleep - on the bathroom floor after his mid-nap potty break.  I just couldn't bear to wake him, so this is how he spent the next several minutes of his nap.  

(And yes, he does have quite a tan!)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

That is so funny! Made me laugh out loud.

Amanda said...

That is so funny -- I'm glad you shared! Seriously, that tan! He could be the next Coppertone baby.

Julie said...

I can't stop laughing!
Brendan asked, "why is he sleeping on the floor?".

He is gonna love that pic one day when you show his girlfriend or wife! :)

Emily said...

That may be the funniest picture ever taken

Mama Jeannie said...

HILARIOUS!!! I guess Allie took him to potty and left him there, huh? That girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails