Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Last Leg of Vacation

My Family Reunion is held outside of Pagosa Springs, CO, so the day that it was over we stopped for lunch and walked around a little bit "Pagrossa Springs" - as my kids called it.  It does have a rather distinct - and gross - smell... which is what creates the hot springs.  It was a neat town, and I'd actually like to go back and visit the springs some day.  (I think I'd get used to the smell.)
After Pagosa, we were off to Durango again.  This time with my parents, sister, and niece.  The first night we just strolled downtown (and Allie got a "cup of chocolate happiness" - as she likes to call it).
~the train depot in Durango~


The next day, my family all went up to the ski mountain to do all of the fun things that my little family done together a few days before.
~Cooper & I on the ski lift~ 
~Corey & Allie on the ski lift~
(Jack - aka Mr. Brave - was always on a lift chair up ahead of us.) 
~My Parents~
~Jack speeding down the slide~
~Corey & Cooper~
(I happened to be going up the lift when they were coming down the slide, and I got these shots.)
~Allie getting ready to blast off~
~Emily & Claire at the end of their slide ride~
~the bungee trampoline jumpers~
~Emily~
(the brave one)
~Allie~

~Jack~

~Cooper~
~Little Bitty Claire Bear~
Jack impressed us with his rock climbing skills again.
I have always wanted to have one of those old-fashioned-kind-of-silly-family-photos taken.  We found a place in Durango, dressed up, and ... finally... got a good shot.


Claire & Emily had a picture taken too.
After a couple of days in Durango it was time to head back home.  That is always a sad day for me... I always cry when we are headed down the road to Texas as I watch the mountains turn to hills then to plains.  

I am so thankful that my family had the opportunity to get away.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love these pictures!!! Oh my word, each one is just precious. Amy, you look hot! :-)

Mama Jeannie said...

I love it! What fun we all had, didn't we? I have and always will feel the same sadness you described Amy; seeing the mountains turn to hills and then the flat plains. However, since '86my spirit is always lifted upon our re-entry to the hills and green of Central Texas. Don't like the humidity... at all, but we do live in a beautiful part of Texas, don't you think?

Sara said...

I love the picture of you and Cooper on the ski lift and the air-born trampoline pictures...AND the old timey pictures! How FUN! I can't believe I missed it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails