Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Didn't Jump, and I Can Spell!

I was just at another reception for Corey's conference.... It was on the veranda of the 11th floor of the hotel. After about an hour of total techy talk, I could not take it anymore. I contemplated jumping... but decided that I should retreat to my room instead. When I got here, I was reading over some old things that I have written, and I was appalled at my spelling and grammar in a few cases. Truly, that is a pet peeve of mine... so to see that I had spelled the word "because" like - becasue - several times... well, that just drives me crazy. For some reason, my brain swaps letters every once in a while even when I know how to spell things. And sometimes I guess I am just in a hurry when I post things... sorry to all of you spellaholics and grammar police. (You know who you are!)

And, oh! The "computer nerds" are really fine people. (I happen to be in love with one of them.) I just can only take so much of the lingo. I don't understand a lick of it, so it is like going to a foreign movie without subtitles for me. And really... it's okay. I am liking the solitude thing really well! I would have never thought, a few years ago, that being alone could be such a treat. I guess I evolved a bit. This "mommy-thing" will do that to you.

7 comments:

Sara said...

I believe that you know how to spell most things - but you don't know how to spell "definitely". You ALWAYS spell it "definantly"...or something like that.

And, by the way, I was just looking at your blog, and Asher walked up, looked at the screen, pointed to your picture and said, "Mimi". I thought that would warm your little heart. =)

Sara said...

And...how long will it take us to get to Lovefield from here?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Solitude sounds almost enchanting right now! Enjoy the last bit of your time away.

Amy said...

No, that's the thing... I DO know how to spell definitely... my brain just mixes it up as it comes out my fingers.

Sara - Can't wait to see Asher in person and love on him! Kiss them all for me. I'll be home soon. And, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Elizabeth said...

What fun you are having. I totally understand about the progammer/computer nerd talk. B-O-R-I-N-G! Although, Scott has taught me so much, I am able to understand enough to follow a conversation. And that's not a good thing either. :-)

Corey Powell said...

you might want to re-check the spelling of "spelt" in this post.

chariti said...

What a great trip! I love those times and always feel so refreshed. Happy Mother's Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails