Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One More "Chloe Post"

Okay, so this is the last of the "I've got a new niece." posts... maybe. I mean, really. If she was yours, you'd post her pictures too, right? :)

I never talked earlier about the day that Chloe Grace was born. My kids and I headed to Waco at 6am last Monday, so we would be sure and be there when Chloe arrived. My whole family is crazy like that. We like to be together to celebrate everything! So, by 9am we had all piled into the little hospital waiting room with a rotation of about 20 people (our family, my sister-in-law's family, and a few friends) that came and went from Adrielle's room in groups of 2 or 3. Around 11:00 my brother came out to the waiting room to report that not much had changed - the doctor said that his guess was that the baby would not be born until after 3:00 that afternoon. My sisters decided to take their little ones home for a nap while my mom & I decided to take my 3 kids plus my niece to the mall across the street. We gathered all of our stuff, trudged through the 90-whatever degree weather with 4 kids and at least that many bags to my van, got everyone buckled, put the van in reverse... and the phone rang. Get back up here... she's pushing. We unbuckled everyone and ran back to the hospital... well, if that is what you call 2 ladies, 2 two-year-olds, and 2 "big kids" getting across the parking lot as fast as possible. About an hour later lullaby music played over the hospital's intercom system which signified that a new baby had been born. Our Chloe Grace was here. Everything went so well. Adrielle is a champ at baby-having! My kids and I stayed in Waco with Skyler for a couple of days until her parents and new baby sister came home from the hospital. She kept me laughing and loving and kissing and hugging the entire time that I was with her. She is quite a character.

My kids and I came home for a few days then went back to Waco on Sunday. Like I mentioned before, my mom and dad kept my kids while I helped take care of baby Chloe and her family. It was truly an honor. I loved every moment of it.  The bouncing and shhhhing and bathing and feeding and dressing of Chloe Grace.  The snuggles and conversations and bath times and bed times and going outside to feel the wet grass on our toes and the trips to the grocery store and the "shoe-slops" and the "white may mays" that I shared with Skyler.  Watching my brother play My Little Pony with one of his daughters then watching him snuggle the other one.  Long talks and laughter and tears shared with my sister-in-law.  Here are a few of those moments that I loved...





I miss you already.

7 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

She's beautiful - she looks like her Mommy, doesn't she? I love that the hospital plays lullaby music over the intercom when a baby's born. How quaint is that?

Elizabeth said...

She is so beautiful! My goodness!

Mama Jeannie said...

What a beautiful happy entry Amy and I, of course, LOVE every single picture. What a sweet baby Chloe Grace.

Jenny said...

What a special bonding time. I think Chloe looks like her mama. She is a beautiful baby!

Emily said...

Good Gosh she is GEORGEOUS!!

Sara said...

I love, love, LOVE those pictures!!! I want to HOLD her!!!

Adrielle said...

Nothing on earth could replace my time with you, Amy. Thank you for loving my family so much--so sacrificially.

Related Posts with Thumbnails