Monday, May 5, 2008

My Painting Prince Charming

Saturday I was leaving home to go have a garage sale at my sister's house for the morning. (It was a somewhat successful sale with a used electric toothbrush and my 20-year-old cheerleading pom poms being some of the most hilarious things that I sold.)  Corey was going to be home with the kids until noon or so when they were to leave for Jack's baseball game.  As I was leaving he told me his plan for the day... painting our bedroom, going to get a new washing machine, coaching Jack's game, etc.... and I must admit, I thought "Yeah, right." as I walked out the door.  How was he going to watch 3 kids, prepare to paint, paint, get 3 kids fed, clothed, and to a ballgame, go get a new washer, and oh yeah... grill burgers for a "date night at home" dinner on the patio with me?  Well, he did it... That's my man!  By Sunday evening he had done all of the above, gone to church, taken Jack to baseball practice, gone to friends' house for dinner, and had been the foreman on the completed job of painting our bedroom (and most of the hallway too)!  He is amazing!
 

~Our Helpers~
Thank goodness that the pink walls are becoming a thing of the past.

The finished product... 
hanging things on the walls is still on the "to do list"

7 comments:

gwsas4 said...

beautiful comforter! you know, greg can do the same. he can do things with 2 kids that i can't seem to. i wonder why that is??

Amanda said...

It looks so good! So much better than the pink! Maybe you should leave Dad along with the kids more often...

Elizabeth said...

Your bedding is beautiful!

Emily said...

Lookin good! He is a good man

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great bedding! Okay, that's amazing he got all that done ... and hooray for the exiting of the pink paint!

Mama Jeannie said...

Where was the pink paint? I thought your bedroom had been light green. Corey really does need a shirt with a big 'S' on the front depicting his Superman powers. Amazing! Good job Corey Shannon Powell.

Shanan & Shannon said...

is he for hire?

Related Posts with Thumbnails