Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Of My Favorite Things Ever

Can I just say that there is not much else on earth that is better to me than sleeping with a sleeping baby on my chest? The last 3 nights I have been at my brother and sister-in-law's house helping the new-and-improved little family adjust. Throughout the day, I have gotten little bits of Chloe-time here and there, but you know? Between her busy schedule (sleeping and eating then eating and sleeping) and mine...it is hard to get quality one-on-one time together. So the night time - when dinner is done and laundry is folded and mommy is exhausted - that has been "our time". We snuggle up and watch TV until we both fall asleep. It is, hands-down, one of my favorite things ever.

Let me tell you, my new neice is so fabulous. She is a wonderful, good, peaceful, beautiful baby. I get a little teary just thinking that I have to leave her today. I am so very, very thankful for these days that I have gotten to spend some special time with her though. That could not have happened if it were not for my parents... My mom & dad live in the same town as my brother. They agreed to have my kids stay at their house, so I could come and love on my brother's family for a few days. Thanks a million, Mom & Dad!

6 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I had no idea you were there - how fun! You're right ... nothing beats that newborn snuggle. It lowers the blood pressure.

chariti said...

Amy, You're so awesome! I love reading your blog and the things that bring you joy - you truly have a great heart. I had to go catch up on all your posts and you always inspire me to love more.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you got that time. I know it means the world to you!

Mama Jeannie said...

Daddy and I should be the ones thanking you Amy, for giving us the privilege of spending time with three of the most amazing children on the planet. Allie, Jack, and Cooper are precious and like you, I feel a little teary-eyed at knowing they won't be there when I get home from work today. We have both been blessed this week, haven't we? I love you.

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely wonderful...I love that feeling too. Nothing compares. I'm so glad you've had this time to love on your niece.

Julie said...

Where were you when I went back to work and Brendan kept me up all night? Ha! Oh yeah, you were way pregnant with Cooper! :)
Seriously, I would have signed you up to be my sister (I only have a brother).

Related Posts with Thumbnails