Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yep, It's 4:29am and I'm Awake

Last night was Family Movie Night at our house. Indiana Jones - The first one. I watched it like I do most movies at home. Awake for the first half, asleep for the second. I am not sure if I even made it to the second half of last night's movie though. I was so tired! I found myself dozing on a couch made for less than 4 people as 4 people sat/ laid on it and "watched" the movie. (I think that I was on the bottom of the pile.) That was not overly comfortable, so I moved to the floor. My comfy blanket and one cuddly kid moved with me... which was nice.

What was not nice was waking up on that same floor at 2am - just me and my blanket.
No cuddly kid. No Indiana Jones.

So, here I sit... 2 1/2 hours later thinking,
"I must go to sleep.
I must go to sleep!
I MUST go to sleep!
I MUST go to SLEEP!
I MUST GO TO SLEEP!"

Corey is working all weekend, so I need to be rested up for an "all mommy, all the time" weekend. That, my friends, cannot happen if I am awake at 4:37am! So, I am going to the couch now... this time alone (with my comfy blanket, of course) to try, yet again, to catch some shut-eye before everyone else's eyes open.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You poor thing...get some rest girl.

We are about to leave the hotel in Jackson, and I did NOT sleep well. The bed was hard as a rock and my back is screaming! I need a good nights sleep....please!

Emily said...

That is terrible! I hope that you get a little rest this weekend!! CAll if you need anything.

Amanda said...

Last night was family movie night here, and we were watching the SAME MOVIE! I TiVoed all three, and we were planning a marathon, but that didn't work out.

Hope you finally got some rest for your full-time weekend. I think the kids should let you nap.

Julie said...

Hope you finally fell asleep.

Related Posts with Thumbnails