Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Claire Days

Last week my niece, Claire, came to stay with us while her mommy and daddy went on a "babymoon" cruise... one last getaway before their baby, Jacob, comes in June.  Claire was sure that she was clear on where her mommy was while she was spending time at MiMi's house. When asked, she said, "My mama's workin' on a boat."  It was a fun few days. You may have seen Claire's post to her parents on Friday... and the quick little "Night Night" post that night, but I have not had much time to post since then. So, here goes...

Jack was doing homework, and Claire wanted to get in on the action.


~ Shirtless Spaghetti Night ~

That night, after dinner I gave the kids this plate of alphabet cookies.
(a fun new snack that I recently found)

Claire quickly discovered that we had no princess costumes, princess band-aids, or princess sippy cups, but she was happy with her Spider Man sippy as she and Cooper toasted at breakfast.

"Cheers!"

~ Bath Time ~

~ loving on Allie ~

~ happy girls ~

~ Allie Cat & Claire Bear ~

~ tickling Jack ~

~ buddies ~


We loved having Claire Bear visit and look forward to many more special times with her in the future.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE every one of these pictures! I know I have said it a few times, but thank you, thank you, thank you! We loved getting away and it was so nice to know that she was in great hands and was happy.

Charree said...

I really like the part about no princess costumes... It looks like Claire had a great time with all of you.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Cute pictures. I love those alphabet cookies too. I think it's hilarious that Claire said her mom was working on the boat. I need a job like that.

Mama Jeannie said...

You guys were so sweet and so thoughtful to give a great place for Claire to stay while her mommy and daddy were away. She had so much fun at your house, didn't she? I LOVE all the pics her fun times with your kids. Wish I had pictures of us that weekend with Claire too. We had so much fun with her. Played hide-n-go-seek 'til we could hide no more.
:0) I scrunched down to get in her play house, watched that tiny mermaid in her mommy's tub until her hands and feet were all pruny. We pushed her in her swing as she laughed and yelled, "Do it again! Higher, higher!!" We read stories, fixed snacks, cuddled and rocked, and chased each other 'round and 'round the house. I love that little girl and I love her Aunt Mimi, Uncle Corey, and her cousin friends so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails