Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just The Two Of Us


This week Cooper and I have spent most of Tuesday & Thursday (the days that the big kids are gone to school) at home.  Just the two of us.   


For the most part, I'm not a every-Tuesday-I-_______, every-Wednesday-I-_______ kind of person.  I can't be with 3 kids and all of our activities.  We have a diverse and busy schedule.  It varies from day to day and week to week.  I juggle.  A lot!  Like a lot of moms.  I love it, and I would not have it any other way.  While I enjoy getting out and doing things with the kids and I love spending time with friends, this week it worked out that our schedule was pretty clear during the days that the big kids were in school, and instead of filling it with fun play dates or errands or even many chores, I filled it with Cooper.  

It dawned on me this week that we only have a few more days, just the two of us.  Once the kids get out of school for summer, we will all 4 be together most days.  Then, in the fall Cooper will start preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays while Jack & Allie are at school, so truly we are down to about 6 days of him-and-me-time.  Some of those days are full of appointments and play dates already... and I think that I will guard the others just for us.  So, thinking on all of that --- I am so happy that this week was slow.  It was no plan of mine... just a little blessing.  I am happy that Cooper and I got to have sword fights, and play games, and watch movies, and read books, and have battles, and give zerberts, and play in the backyard, and speak to each other in his made up language, and sing songs, and give kisses & hugs, and take long baths, and snuggle & cuddle, and talk about God and the color of our eyes and our family and babies, and use our imaginations with a big box, and have snack time on the patio, and do nothing and everything together.  Just the two of us.      



9 comments:

Amanda said...

I cannot believe you have only six more exclusively Cooper days before your world changes for good. Truth be told, that makes me really very sad.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What great times you had together ... I love it! Can't believe your only-Cooper days are coming to an end. Love that last photo of you! You have a truly-happy kind of look.

Sara said...

Does anybody have a tissue? These two posts were SO sweet!!! I LOVE that you're capturing these special days! You look really pretty in those pictures, by the way. =)

Emily said...

I LOVE this post! I love how happy you and beautiful you look. I love how you captured such special moments with your boy. You both look genuinely thrilled to just hang out with each other. You put into words how I feel about the next few weeks with my girl, even though the circumstances are a bit different. I want to treasure every moment that it is just the two of us, before we add to this family of ours.

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my beautiful Sweet Girl! I love you and I love how you mommy so well.

Elizabeth said...

Seriously Amy, how heart touching is this? :-) You look so happy and like you are truly enjoying that one on one time with your baby boy. What a treasure he has in you!

Corey Powell said...

That's funny, i was going to comment on how look in that last pic too. Soooo,uuuuuh you wanna go out?

Rebecca Read said...

Great post Amy! Cooper is one lucky little dude to have a mommy like you! And, he knows it!!!

Kate said...

I loved this post! I like the pictures of you and Cooper together! So sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails