Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mommy (according to her kids)

Yesterday as Cooper and I were just talking, I thought, "I have got to record what he is thinking and saying these days!" and this questionnaire that I had seen on other people's blogs and Facebooks came to mind.  After interviewing all three kids, I was glad to have their thoughts documented.  Some of their answers were obviously off the top of their heads and not really thought about, but I think that they are hilarious!  I'm so glad I asked them these questions! Here are their answers...



1. What is something I always say to you?

A - I love you.

J - I love you.

C- Like when I'm in trouble? (When I answered, "Not just when you are in trouble. Anytime.", he couldn't think of anything except the reasons that he gets in trouble.)


2. What makes me happy?

A-Peaceful and happy children

J- Roses

C- When you call me your baby... and I don't like it.


3. What makes me sad?

A- Conflict

J- When we're bad

C- When I do some stuff that is bad


4. How do I make you laugh?

A- Hard

J- I laugh when you help me because you make it funny.

C- When I tell funny jokes. (He didn't quite get that the question was about what I do - not him.)


5. What was I like as a child?

A- Smart

J- You had a pigeon named Lottie, and you slept with her in your sleeping bag.

C- Little


6. How old am I?

A- 35

J- 38

C- Eleventeen hundred (Almost!)


7. How tall am I?

A- A little taller than me

J- 7 feet tall

C- About this big? (He held up his hands about a foot apart.)


8. What is my favorite thing to do?

A- Sleep and read

J- Scrapbook

C- Watch grown-up shows (Let me clarify that by saying that he means shows that he is not allowed to watch... like LOST.)


9. What do I do when you are not around?

A- Clean

J- On Tuesdays you go to Playgroup with Cooper, and on Thursdays you clean. 

C- Go to meetings


10. If I were to becomes famous, what would it be for?

A- Drinking the most Sonic drinks

J- Movies because you sing terribly

C- You would get a golden crown for doing a "master puzzle".


11. What am I really good at?

A- Making me laugh

J- Scrapbooking

C- Being quiet, being good, going on Facebook, playing "blocks" (He is talking about the only video game that I play - Tetris.)


12. What am I not very good at?

A- Dancing

J- Singing

C- Playing Wii


13. What do I do for a job?

A- Mom

J- Being a mom

C- If there is a messy house you have to clean it up all by yourself. And I'll help you. But if I have to do something else, I'm done. (That pretty much means, he'll help clean the house if there is nothing better to do on the entire planet...)


14.What is my favorite food?

A- Italian

J- Chocolate

C- Sour cream with salad (I have absolutely NO idea where this answer came from.)


15.What makes you proud of me?

A- You are an awesome mom.

J- You are nice.

C- When you drive me to go swimming


16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?

A- Cleo from Clifford the Big Red Dog

J- The girl in Popeye

C- Hoppy Doppy Doo...  I made that one up.


17. What do you and I do together?

A- Talk, laugh, and shop

J- Pretty much only clean

C- Play


18. How are you and I the same?

A- We are both sentimental.

J- We have the same color of eyes.

C- We love each other.


19. How are you and I different?

A- I am quiet. You are not.

J- You scrapbook.  I don't.

C- I'm a boy and you're a girl.


20. How do you know I love you?

A- You spend time with me.

J- You pretty much want to hug and kiss me every single second.

C- You turn my movies on.


21. What do I like most about Daddy?

A- He is diligent.

J- He loves you.

C- He's your husband and your boyfriend.


22. Where is my favorite place to go?

A- The computer

J- Target

C- God & Heaven



So there you have it.  The Official Questionnaire About My Kids' Mommy.  I've got to say, this job as their mommy brings me more happiness than anything on earth. To read their answers, well, it just makes me smile to know that they know how much I love them.  

9 comments:

chelsea rose said...

That is so cute...I love their answers. And I got a really good laugh from Mr. Cooper's answers....he must be so funny to hang out with.

Amanda said...

I love your list, and I love the answers. It's amazing the difference in responses among the ages. Your kids are so precious and I love the relationship you have with them.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are such great answers! I agree with Amanda ... the differences in their answers are so age-indicative and so fun.

Kate said...

Too cute! The good news is, it appears you have a clean house. :-) It's so funny to read how kids perceive their parents.

Amy said...

For the record, I have not scrapbooked in months... maybe a year. And Corey called me The Queen of Disception after he read this post... Want to guess why? Yep, it was all that talk of cleaning. Oh well, it's all about the memories that they'll take with them right. As far as that goes, I'm a real June Cleaver... Shhh! Don't tell them the truth. :)

Emily said...

I LOVE this post! I will have to copy it when I think Claire can actually give me answers that even somewhat make sense.
You are a good mommy and it is hilarious that Corey sees your cleaning skills so much differently than the kids. Claire told me this weekend to stop cleaning because I always clean...hahahahaha.

Rebecca Read said...

Sour cream with salad! Too funny! Cooper cracks me up!

Courtney said...

I love this most. In a year or so I may be searching for it to use with Clinton. There is no telling what's going on his head!

I loved seeing the difference in all the answers. That Cooper sounds like a hoot!

Shan said...

This is so great! I am going to have to do this with my kids and I can't wait to hear their answers. This is great family history and would be perfect to put in a family journal. Sorry, I am a consultant for Once Upon A Family and this is perfect for consultants and customers. Thank you for sharing and I hope you don't mind me using your questions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails