Friday, April 3, 2009

"To The Beach!"

There's a movie that my kids like called Mr. Bean's Holiday wherein Mr. Bean - who does not speak very well - spends the entire movie trying to make it to his "holiday", and pretty much the only phrase that he says throughout the movie is "to the beach".  


That phrase is officially stuck in my head... and may remain there for the next 5 weeks and 5 days because that is the day that I get to go "to the beach"!!!  

Remember that gift that I gave Corey for his 40th birthday?  Well, we have spent the last 3 weeks reviewing resorts, and getting passports, and checking out the safety of Mexico, and calling travel agents, and reviewing resorts, and arranging childcare, and reviewing resorts, and talking, and discussing, and sleeping on it, and reviewing resorts, and asking opinions... and reviewing resorts.  And finally, today, we made our reservation!!!  

We had such a hard time with this decision.  Did you know that there at least a gazillion resorts in Mexico?!?  They all have at least a million reviews from people that love them and 2 from people that don't.  But those two... well, they can scare the livin' daylights out of you.  

But finally, today, we made a decision, and we are very excited about it!  We are going to the Riviera Maya to a resort that is about 5 miles from Playa del Carmen.

Here's why...  


Don't you just feel a wee bit more relaxed than you did a minute ago?!?  I do.  

We don't have many plans beyond laying on the beach, lounging by the pool, sitting in the hot tub, and napping in our beach front room.  Although, I am sure that we will squeeze in some snorkeling, exploring of Mayan ruins, swimming, looking at the animals that live on the property (like the monkeys, parrots, peacocks, and toucans), shopping, etc.  

Corey & I didn't have much of a honeymoon 17 years ago and have only been on one romantic getaway since then, and we've never been to a beautiful beach.  So we are beyond thrilled to go on this trip to celebrate that he made it to the big 4-0 and that we still want to be alone together all these years later.  ;)

"to the beach!"  "to the beach!"  "to the beach!"

8 comments:

Emily said...

I am SO excited for you guys! That resort looks beautiful! You are going to have a great time.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That looks amazing ... I'm a wee bit jealous. Love the photo of you two!

Jenny said...

How fun!
I went to Playa back when I was 20 with my parents and brother. It was a small unknown place back then, but still tons of fun!
I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

Rebecca Read said...

You will have so much fun! I'm so happy for you and Corey! You deserve to treat yourselves! I hope that it is the honeymoon you've always dreamed about!

Amanda said...

I love that movie, and I love that you guys are going to the BEACH! You'll love every single minute of it.

Elizabeth said...

You guys are so cute!!! Seriously, just how excited you are makes me smile! Love the pic. I'm so happy you guys are getting some much deserved time away. It looks like a gorgeous resort!

amy said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations - you two lovebirds go have a wonderful time. :)

Stephanie said...

I can hardly wait to hear all about it. I have been wanting to go to the mayan riviera for years, and have heard great things about it. Hope ya'll have an awesome time!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails