Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Makes Me Laugh Monday

I know, I know... This is Tuesday, but I just remembered something that made me laugh - really hard - on Monday.

Corey and I went on a dessert date last night to this quaint little place that we had been wanting to visit. They have a patio and the weather was perfect. So, we went in and looked at the choices. He chose carrot cake. I chose chocolate. We went out on the patio with our coffee, cake, and a laptop to do some planning on. The atmosphere was fabulous. The food... not so much. But that was okay, we were enjoying our time together. The waitress came and asked us, "How was the cake?" Corey said, "It was okay... a little stale." She got a really confused look on her face and said, "Really?!? We just got that cake out a week ago."

A WEEK AGO?!?!?

We died laughing!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Uh, gross. You'll have to let me know the name of that quaint little place... so I can stay far, far away.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I agree with Amanda ... I was initially thinking I'd ask you where you went but "stale" kills "quaint" any day.

The waitress may need a bit more training.

Elizabeth said...

So funny!!! Was she blonde, cause I'm just sayin'.... :-)

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing out loud right now. At least you and Corey had a nice time together. In your planning, did you plan on NOT going back to that quain little restaurant? :0)

chariti said...

WHAT?!

For The Girls said...

Too funny! Elizabeth, got something to say about blonds!?!?!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails