Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Sister"

There are 4 boys and 1 girl in Corey's family.  Some call her "Sister".  I call her Roxann.  She is one of my favorite people in the world.  She is loving, accepting, calm, thoughtful, laid back, and wise.  When she is around, I feel peaceful.  

I have known Roxann since I was 13 years old.  There is something about spending time with someone that knew me "back then" that makes me feel secure.  There is something about being family - about knowing each other's "stuff" and understanding why we are who we are because we know where we have come from and what things in our life have influenced us - that is comforting to me.  There is something about having someone in my life that loves to thrift shop as much as I do.  :)  (She is a pro at it.  I am just an amateur.)  There is something special about Roxann.

So today, as she left to travel home to the Rocky Mountains, a part of my heart broke as I said goodbye to my "sister" and my friend.

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How great to love your sister-in-law that much ... that's a blessing!

Amanda said...

What a sweet tribute, and what a wonderful blessing.

Mama Jeannie said...

I love that your some of your sisters-in-law are as sisters to you. You are blessed to have someone like Roxann in your life Amy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails