Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Recipes

Do you get Kraft Food & Family magazine in your (junk) mail? Basically, it is a glorified advertisement for all things Kraft, but it has some really great and easy recipes in it. Last night, I tried two of them from the current issue. I am sure that you can find them online... here is the version of them that I made.

Tuscan Dip 


1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
2 Tbs. Sour cream (or maybe a bit more)
1/2 c. finely chopped sundried tomatoes
1/2 c. chopped black olives (I used a whole small can.)
1/4 c. finely chopped red onions

Mix everything together. I served this with Wheat Thins Sundried Tomato and Basil crackers.

Pizza Pasta Salad


3 c. penne pasta, cooked, drained, & cooled
4 tomatoes, chopped (I think that I'll use sundried next time.  Can you tell that I love sundried tomatoes?)
1 pkg. pepperoni, chopped
1c. mozzarella cheese, diced (I used the Kraft "Italian Crumbles" for the first time and loved them!)
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 c. Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing

Mix everything together.
(It also called for 1/2 c. sliced fresh basil, but I don't care for that.)

Both recipes said to refrigerate for an hour... I didn't do that either.  

What are some easy, cool recipes that your family likes?

2 comments:

Sara said...

YUM! Both of those sound SO GOOD! When I talked to you last night, I didn't realize it was a PASTA salad. Mmmmm...

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Yum - those look good. I love that magazine and make lots of stuff from it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails