Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Anatomy Of A Pitch

This is Jack's first year of kid-pitch baseball, and today he got to try his hand at pitching for the first time.  To be honest, I was really nervous.  Since he hadn't had much experience in this position I didn't know what to expect.  (We've seen some pretty wild pitches this year as the boys are all learning and getting a chance to try each position.)  I think that Jack was pretty nervous before the game too.  This morning as he was getting dressed, he said, "Mom, I need to look my best today.  I'm pitching."  Well, I am happy to say that he did a great job as a pitcher for the Mighty Padres (and he looked pretty cute doing it, if I do say so myself).  He striked several players out and didn't hit the umpire even once.  :)  

~ step by step ~




~ watching him pitch from the bleachers ~

5 comments:

Leanna said...

That is so fun! If you need any tips my husband has been a pitcher for many a year and I'm sure he'd love to pass on a bit of wisdom! =)

Emily said...

he did do a great job! i was so glad we got to be there for his first pitches of his baseball career.

Jenny said...

On behalf of all umpire wives, thank you for not hitting Blue. Jack should be very proud of himself. And if I were you, I would have been a nervous wreck!

Elizabeth said...

Man - what form he's got! Seriously - he looks good. That's hilarious about not hitting the ump. I think I'd have my eyes closed half the time anyway.

Mama Jeannie said...

WOW! Jack you looked awesome as a pitcher and sounds like you did a great job too. "GO PADRES!" We'll be there next week for sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails