Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Week In The Life

I had the photos of my A Week In The Life project taken last week before I had to leave town, but I didn't have time to get them posted.  Although this is a ton of pictures, it is still such a small glimpse into all that we do... there are some things that I just forgot to photograph, some things that are too mundane to photograph (Yall know what laundry looks like, right?), and some things that you just don't want to see.  :)  

For what it's worth...
here is a week in the life of our family.

On this day, the boys spent hours outside playing in the water... making water balloons, digging in the muddy flower beds, burying their feet, and making tunnels and holes in the mud.  If you're going to live in Texas, you might as well make the most of hot October days.

~ running in the backyard ~
~ cleaning up after a muddy day ~

~ bedtime~
saying "I love you" with their hands
~ baseball game~
Corey coaching his boy
~ batter up ~
~ she is her mother's daughter ~
~ typical moment in my day ~
putting my makeup on while I wait for my drink at Sonic
At some point, almost every day, we hear guitar music.  
Corey & Jack both take lessons, and I love hearing them practice.  
We have even all started singing along to a few songs most evenings.
(photo by Allie) 
Allie spends much of her free time in her room playing with her camera.  She just discovered that this is the outcome if she puts her hand over the flash as she takes a picture...  
She is so creative!
~ putting puzzles together ~
~ pumpkin patch day ~
(see this post for more pictures of the kids at the patch)
~ morning coffee ~
Many mornings, Corey & I sit outside and drink coffee. 
We've had some cool mornings lately, and those are our favorite.  
(By the way, I love this cup!)
~ our home school ~
I love this about homeschooling... when it is pretty outside, we like to do school work on the table in the backyard...
...and sometimes we do school on the couch.
~ lunch break ~ 
~recess ~
(Yes, that is Cooper's favorite outfit.)
~ snack time ~
On this morning, it was too cool and wonderful to be inside.  
The boys bundled up and played outside until it warmed up then we did school.
(I love this picture of my boys!)


~ Allie & Milly ~
~ roses from my man ~
~ football game ~
Claire was hanging out with our family on this day.
~ kissin' cousins ~
~ Claire Bear lovin' on MiMi ~
~ snacking at the ballgame ~
~ base camp ~
(complete with camera bag & Sonic drinks)
~ Cooper & Claire playing with babies ~
~ playing games on Daddy's computer ~
~ cute shoes & a camera strap... that's my girl ~
(next 2 photos by Allie)

~ in my backyard ~


~ my puppy ~
~ the way we find Jack more nights than not ~
and while Jack is sleeping on the floor...

10 comments:

Emily said...

This is such a fun idea! Seriously, Allie is so creative. I love the picture of the guitar, it could be on an album cover (keep that in mind if the Powell family ever goes public with your guitar playing and singing). I also love the putting on make up at Sonic...so you.

Emily said...

Oh yeah and all the ones you took of Claire last saturday were great! I am glad that you could capture one of her rare snuggle moments.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great photos!! I loved so many of them. Love Allie's guitar photo ... she has a good eye!

chariti said...

This is so great. I need to do this too, it's such a great idea. I LOVE all of your photos. Allie is very creative, she comes by in naturally.

Amanda said...

It is a wonderful idea, and one I totally intend to swipe! As usual, your pictures were so lovely and creative. You two ladies need to start entering some contests...

Mama Jeannie said...

Love it, love it, love it! I have got to invest in a good camera so that I can join in on stuff like this. I had so much fun going through your week before last with you Amy. Thanks for letting us touch your life with little glimpses.

Sara said...

I love, love, LOVE this post!!! It may be one of my favorites ever! GREAT pictures! I LOVE the first one of Cooper in the tub...and others that I was going to mention, but now I can't remember which ones. =) Love ya! And while I'm thinking about it...this is random, but I LOVE the notes you and Allie left for me EVERYWHERE! They STILL make me smile EVERY DAY!!!

Sara said...

Oh yeah. One of the pictures that I love was Allie's of the guitar! She's so good!

gwsas4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gwsas4 said...

How did I miss this post? I like the pics! I like how happy you all are! I like how much your kids love each other! I like that you & Corey get to sit outside in the morning & drink coffee together. I really like that mug! I like how creative you & Alli are with the camera! I like how family-oriented you all are! I get encouraged when you post, Amy. I'm blessed to know the S. family! You guys have something incredibly special!
Blessings!
Steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails