Monday, October 13, 2008

One Of Those Days

Less than a week ago I wrote about how I love to do spontaneous things with my kids during the day... and I do. Today, however, was a somewhat-failed-attempt at a spontaneous outing. A friend called today to see if we were done with our school work and wanted to go to the pumpkin patch. We were almost done, and although I was feeling a bit under the weather, I decided to pull up my mommy-bootstraps and head to the country. Now, we love our local pumpkin patch and love to go play and take photos there every year... BUT... we like to do it when it is not crowded.  That eliminates weekends and evenings, but during the day it is usually great.  Today, when we arrived, I was shocked at the number of people that were there... then I realized that it is Columbus Day.  There must be schools in the area that were not in session.  Oh well... we were already there, so I thought that we might as well go visit the patch.  The kids headed straight for the hay maze and after one trip through it, our 8-year-old friend was having a severe allergic reaction the hay.  His mom decided to make an emergency run home for medicine, and I offered to stay with the kids (my 3 plus her other 2).  Not a few moments after she was gone, Cooper started wailing for water and said, "I'm thirsty" about 100 times as he pulled on my legs and my shirt.  I quickly realized that my puny body and pounding head was not going to be able to keep up with 5 kids going in different directions in a crowd, so we soon decided to head home as well.  Once we were in the car driving home, I discovered that the few bucks that I had stuck in my pocket was missing - it must have fallen out at the pumpkin patch.  And oh!... to top things off... my new, favorite, off-white, monogramed purse got a ketchup stain on it.  Arrgh!  


So there you have it... my real-life-Monday-mommy-day.  At least I got a few good pictures of the kids.  I had to threaten them make them sit still, but I got a few good pictures!  (Actually, the kids were good... it was more of a bad-mommy, bad-coincidence, bad-decision day than anything else.)

~ My Kiddos ~
~Allie ~
(She really helps me get through these kids of days!)
~ kicked back Jack ~
~ cooper ~
 ~ my pretty girl ~
~ Jack on the hay stack ~
~ the thirsty little one ~

8 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sorry that was such a disaster. It seems to be a bad Mommy day all 'round the Mound today. Are you sick??

chariti said...

I hate days like that. You should stay in your jammies tomorrow. :)

Amanda said...

Aww, you can tell it's not a good day. Cooper is usually so smiley, but not so much here.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Need anything?

Jenny said...

Who would have thought it was a rough day based on your pictures? Sorry it was not a fun experience. Hope you feel better soon!

Sara said...

Yuck! I hope you feel better today! I love the pictures, but Asher saw that last picture of Cooper and said, "Cooper sad?" It was cute. Love you!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, I'm so sorry your day turned out yukky. Bet you were never so glad to get home. Is your friend's little one all right? Are you feeling better today? The pictures were so great... as usual. I love you sweet girl.

Julie said...

Sorry you had a bad day.
Even with a bad day, the pictures were great as always!

amy said...

Well, your photos sure turned out amazing for having a bad day! I hope tomorrow is better...

Related Posts with Thumbnails