Sunday, October 5, 2008

So Excited!

I got a text a few minutes ago from my dear friend, Chariti. It said, "Only 15 hours until we meet Krystina!" My friend and her husband and their boys are meeting the little girl that God has given their family to adopt tomorrow morning, and I get to be there to document it with my camera! I am just so excited that I can hardly think straight today.


... and I am humbled. I have had the honor of being in the background while families have given birth to babies, while families have said goodbye to babies that have not lived long beyond birth, and now this - as my friends meet their new daughter for the first time. I don't know why God would bless me with the opportunity to witness such events, but I am thankful. What a blessing to get to use my camera and my desire to document life to help families (and my family and friends) record such a meaningful events!

Chariti is a friend that I have known for the last 8+ years and through circumstances, our paths did not cross in a way that we got to spend a lot time together for much of that time... although most every time that we did get a chance to visit I walked away thinking how much I liked her, how much we had in common, and how I thought that we could really be friends. Last year, she moved out of state, and I never really thought about the fact that we could develop a friendship after that point, but God had different plans. Several months ago Chariti was back in town and was able to go to a mutual friends' birthday party. We got to talking, and because of that conversation (and a few conversations after it) we decided to do a Bible study together (long distance). We both wanted to do a study on contentment, and we decided to do it at the same time - me from my state and her from hers. It was not traditional, and it was exactly what I needed. I could be 100% real with her, and she could be same with me. Through blogging and emails and phone calls and meeting at Starbucks when she was back in town visiting her parents and Facebook and chatting online, we have formed a friendship that is deep. Maybe it is not traditional, but it is real! Our friendship - and the things that came of our Bible study together - came at a time that I needed it, and I am forever thankful to God for bringing her into my life... even though it is from a few states away. Thanks to technology, it doesn't feel so far.

Tomorrow is a huge day in my friend's life - probably one of the top 5 - and I am more than a little ecstatic that I get to hide in a corner with a camera up to my eye and get a glimpse of it. Chariti - I can't tell you how happy I am that you have a daughter, how amazed I am that I have literally gotten to witness God granting you the desire of your heart this week, or how much I appreciate the opportunity that you are giving me to be a part of your big day! I love you... and I can hardly wait until tomorrow!

10 comments:

Hannah said...

Amy what an amazing oppurtunity! I am so excited for them and happy you are going to be taking pictures cause that means we can see them at some point!! What an exciting day!!

Courtney said...

I'm so excited for you! What an amazing opportunity! I was excited when our neighbor asked me to come take pictures and film his son's football game so I could make a movie, but to be with a family as they welcome a new member would just be amazing. What a neat way for God to use you and your skills to assist this family! Hope it goes well!

Elizabeth said...

Amy, you're an incredible friend. I'm so excited for you to be a part of Chariti's big day tomorrow. I am praying for you girl - and cannot WAIT to see those pictures! :-)

Stephanie said...

Amy,
what a neat opportunity to use your gift, and such an exciting time for your friend and her family. I am really looking forward to seeing those pics.

Jenny said...

How cool! Can't wait to see the photos! I'm so excited for Charity and Casey and the boys!

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, what a special life-moment to share with precious friends. Be blessed today and have fun meeting this new little one.

Stacy said...

How exciting for you! You are such a great photographer...I know they will be blessed by the photos! Please tell them congrats...and share some photos when you have time!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's amazing! I can't wait to see the photos. I was wondering how you and Chariti ended up so close ... that's a neat story! Enjoy today.

chariti said...

Thank you Amy for being a part of today. I have looked at the pictures a dozen times and I feel incredibly blessed that you spent the day with us. Thank you for giving up your time and capturing for sure one of the top 6 (1 marriage, 4 births, 1 adoption :)) days of my life. You are an amazing friend and I LOVE that the Lord brought us together. You're amazing!

chariti said...

So I'm a little tired and I like the word AMAZING! :) but you are. for real. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails