Monday, December 15, 2008

25 DaYs Of ChRiStMaS - Day 14

Day 14 - Dickens' A Christmas Carol
Allie is reading Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol for school this month, so when we heard that a boy from her school was in a local production of this play, I decided to take her and Cooper to see it today.  (Jack & Corey were still out of town hunting - more on that to come.)  It was very nice to go to the theatre with my kids, and obviously we enjoyed the holiday themed activity.  We were not expecting it to last the 3 hours that it did, but with the exception of Cooper insisting that "there is supposed to be popcorn at shows", it was great.  (And thankfully, they actually had popcorn at the concession stand at intermission.)  The play held Coop's attention so well - he literally sat and watched the entire thing, and Allie and I like productions of most-any kind.  When Corey got home tonight I asked Cooper to tell Daddy about the play, and he said, "Scrooge was mean until he followed God's rules."  I was pleasantly surprised that he had actually gleaned a moral lesson from this afternoon's entertainment.  

(P.S. - I know that book titles are supposed to be underlined, but I am not html literate enough to know how to do that.  Can anyone help me with that... Bea?  ;) )

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Blogger won't let me post the code in the comments, so to underline, put a U in the middle of these quys <> and remember to close your tag with this /.)

Also, where is the play performed? I'd love to take the kids. This is the first year they've become familiar with the story, and might think the play was fun.

amy said...

I have often wondered the code for that too - Thanks, Amanda! :)

That's a fun, Christmas-y activity! I'm impressed that Cooper stayed interested the whole time. Go Cooper!

Elizabeth said...

I've never seen that in a play before. I bet it was great. What theater?

Related Posts with Thumbnails