Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Breakfast in bed.
An omelet - my favorite.
Sleepy kids with gifts in hand.
The Happy Birthday Song sung by the best choir ever.
A homemade card from my girl that made me cry.
Tears of thankfulness and joy and pride.
35 things that she loves about me.
Me!
It is in my "Top 10 Best Gifts" ever!
Time alone with that girl.
Just chatting and laughing.
A hot bath.
Really, really hot!
Alone.
A chapter of my book.
A little boy that needed to visit me and ended up in the tub with me.
A shark and a boat and an imagination and a ton of giggles.
A bigger boy that is all together happy that his homeschooling mommy is taking the day off and his Wii is home from the repair shop.
A husband that is home.
Laundry that is being done.
Not by me.
A weekend full of fun on the horizon.

This birthday - So far, so good.

8 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh what a fun day you are having! Just makes me smile. I wish I could be with you, but I'm really happy that you are so happy sweet girl. Happy Birthday.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a great start ... I'm so glad! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! I am really enjoying reading about your Christmas celebrations, too. Thanks for sharing.
B.

S. Brook Bell said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sounds like you are having a very special day! Enjoy!!!!

Hannah said...

happy birthday! enjoy the weekend! It sounds like you are being treated like a queen! enjoy every moment of it! you are a blessed mommy!

chelsea rose said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like the family knows who they need to take care of;)

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday my precious friend. Enjoy your weekend with your hubby. You are loved!!!

Stacy said...

Hi Amy! Hope you had a great birthday, sorry for the belated wish, but we were traveling and I didn't get to a computer...was thinking of you though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails