Monday, December 15, 2008

A Night At Home

Tonight was cold and blustery, and our family spent the evening at home just being together.  It was great!  After a dinner of hot soup, Corey & Allie baked cookies while the boys and I watched Rudolph on TV.  (We love ABC Family's Christmas movies in December!)  Then we all sat by the fire and watched Polar Express while we enjoyed warm chocolate chip cookies.

~ Allie & Corey baking cookies ~

~ Jack snuggled up by the fire ~
~ Cooper & Daddy ~

~ my new cup ~
If there is one thing that I do not need, it is something to put in my kitchen cabinets.  However... I have always loved Fiesta dishes.  The other night I was at Linens N Things' Going Out Of Business Sale, and they had a few Fiesta dishes left.  I decided then and there, that I think that it would be fun to start collecting them.  I plan to pick them up one or two at a time when I find a great deal.  New.  Used.  Any color.  Maybe by the time that I have a kitchen with space for them, I will have a full set.  :)  Something to collect.  I love having something to collect!  So, despite my lack of space to keep them, I have officially started collecting Fiesta dishes.  This cup is my first purchase, and I love it.  Tonight I tried Egg Nog creamer in my coffee as I sat by the fire.  
The fire - great.  The creamer - not so much.  The cup - fabulous!

~ Allie & Cooper eating chocolate chip cookies ~
Jack moved to the couch to watch the end of the movie... and to fall asleep for the night.  (like many nights before this one)

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Looks like you had a great evening. I love your cup ... love Fiestaware too. I always look at it in Canton. They have such great pitchers.

Emily said...

What a great night! I LOVE the picture of Corey and Allie baking cookies, there is just something super sweet about daddy/daughter pictures.

Mama Jeannie said...

On down the road to Christmas. I love it Amy! Almost makes me feel like I'm getting to experience the holidays with you on a daily basis. Very bittersweet... well, mostly sweet but I would love to really be there too if it were possible. :0)

Amanda said...

I'm glad you had a good night at home. I should have come back after Bunko and crashed your party. :)

I love that pretty red Fiestaware cup, and am so glad I was with you when you began your new collection.

As for the eggnog creamer, I'm sorry it wasn't what you hoped for. The eggnog coffee I gave you came from World Market. I'm sure you could exchange it for a more appealing flavor (like peppermint).

Related Posts with Thumbnails