Friday, December 5, 2008

25 DaYs Of ChRiStMaS - Day 5

Day 5 - Peppermint Mochas


Did you ever wonder what heaven tastes like? I am convinced that it is very similar to the sweet, sweet taste of a Peppermint Mocha. (I know... I said, just this week, that my in-law's whipped cream was heavenly too... maybe Starbuck's uses their whipped cream recipe.) Anyway - a few years ago during the holiday season, I discovered the Peppermint Mocha at Starbuck's which was marketed only during the holidays. The next year when Christmas rolled around I started salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs with anxious anticipation of my little divine drink. And - oh yes! - it was as good a year later as it had been the year before. Sometime during that season, the most angelic barista to ever grace the espresso machine at Starbuck's let me in on a little secret... Peppermint Mochas can be made ALL YEAR LONG! (and the angels sang) Ever since then, that is my drink of choice when I visit the mermaid at Starbuck's. (Did you know that is what is on their logo?!? Don't you wonder how that has to do with coffee?) I wondered if that would take away from my Christmas cheer when it was again advertised at the coffee shop during the holiday season, but no - just seeing it on the poster by the menu this December brought a little smile to my face.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I actually order them all year long. They are my favorite!

Jenny said...

I actually order them all year long. They are my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Interesting.... that's Jerod's favorite Starbucks drink, too.... perhaps it's genetic!? ;-)
b.

Related Posts with Thumbnails