Thursday, December 25, 2008

25 DaYs Of ChRiStMaS - Day 25

Day 25 - Christmas Day!
I can't believe it's here!  Christmas Day!  Every year it seems to sneak upon us faster and faster. 

After the kids went to bed last night and as Corey & I were wrapping up a few things in the living room, Jack came out (yikes!) and told us he wasn't feeling well.  He ended up sleeping in our room and coughing the night away... and was even woken up by his cough about 3am when he woke us to ask us if we could go see if Santa came.  We get up early on Christmas morning... but not that early!  At 6:30 Allie (who generally sleeps until about 10am these days) came into our room and announced that it was morning.  She was happy to wake her brothers and tell them that Santa had come while Corey & I took our places as the photographer & videographer.  (After we lit the fire, got our cups of coffee (mine was in my new Fiesta cup), and put the breakfast casseroles in.)

The kids were very excited with all of their gift, and we were excited to watch them discover them!


Corey gave Jack a special book with a copy of his letter and pictures of the day that Jack killed his first deer.

Santa left this note for Cooper with his new blocks.
Jack picked out this magazine for Corey.
When Cooper & I went shopping a couple of weeks ago he picked this blanket out for Allie.  As soon as we walked through the door, he ran to Allie and said, "Allie!  I got you a monkey sheet!"
Jack gave Allie a special necklace that he picked out himself.
I was very surprised by my gift from Corey - an iPhone!
On Christmas Eve I always make breakfast casseroles for Christmas breakfast.  We put them in first thing on Christmas Day, so when we are done opening gifts our hot, yummy breakfast is waiting for us.  This year, we really liked the new recipes that I chose.  On the left - Baked French Toast, and on the right - Farmer's Casserole.  Thank you Google.
After breakfast (and all day long) we have watched our new movies, played with new toys, and played the new Wii games.
For lunch I decided to make an untraditional Christmas meal since we will be eating that type of meal soon.  We had lasagna, salad, bread, and cookies... and later a little pie.
~ me & Cooper at lunch ~
The rest of the afternoon was filled with more of the same - eating, playing, napping, baking, etc.  It was a great day!  This evening, we dropped in at my sister's house for a little while and hung out with the fam then came home to try to clean up the chaos and get ready for the next few days.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Christmas with my side of the family at our house.  Hopefully, I will get to post pictures of that soon, but it may be a few days as we have other adventures on the horizon.  

I am a little sad that my 25 Days Of Christmas has come to an end... and a little shocked that I actually made it to the end of the challenge.  (though a few posts were a day late)  It was fun to join my friend, Stacy, and a few other buddies in sharing the things that our family does during the holiday season.  And it was good to have an incentive to document many of my family's traditions.  As you can tell, we have a lot of them.  :)  

In case I don't chat with you again for a while.  MERRY CHRISTMAS.  It has been fun sharing it with you.  I pray that you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.   

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Merry Christmas ... looks like a great day at the Powell home!

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures of the family opening presents.
Looks like you had a wonderful time.

S. Brook Bell said...

I am so glad you all had such a great day!!! Our days have been filled with wii too........we also had lasagna (on Christmas Eve) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails