Sunday, December 7, 2008

25 DaYs Of ChRiStMaS - Day 7

Day 7 - Our Mantle

(photo by Allie)

I think that decorating our mantle is one of my favorite things about Christmas decorating each year.  Every year it is decorated differently although it always has our stockings hung there with care.  This year, we have less space and tons of decor, so I went with the "more is more" theme on the mantle.  I have quite a collection of snowmen and Santas and nutcrackers, and most all of them are displayed on the mantle this year... they are all just too special to not get out of the box. Then there is the garland and the mini-ornaments and of course... the stockings.  One of my favorite things of all time is to have a fire in the fireplace during the time of year that the mantle is decorated, snuggle up in a blanket, drink hot cocoa, and reminisce about all of the memories that the things on our mantle represent. 

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love your "more is more" theme, and I love your festiveness. =) I'll just live vicariously through you - since I'm so NOT together these days! =) See you in a few...

Amanda said...

A "more is more" theme -- too funny! I think your mantle looks great!

Mama Jeannie said...

LOVE IT!! :0)

Corey Powell said...

I like the snuggling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails