Tuesday, December 16, 2008

25 DaYs Of ChRiStMaS - Day 16

Day 16 - The Special Plate
Today had been filled with Christmas preparations - the kind that include me in a sweatshirt, a ponytail, and tennis shoes running around town with sale flyers and coupons trying to shop on the last day that both big kids are in school all day.  It was nothing worth photographing... that's for sure.  :)  I got a lot accomplished, and I am almost done with the shopping and ready for the wrap-a-thon that awaits me.  (If the men in my life were a little easier to shop for, I'd be done by now... Corey & Dad!)  So today, with the only other "festive" thing on the schedule for the day being more shopping (if I can squeeze it in), I will post about my brilliant 3-year-old!  (It's my blog - I can brag.)

The other day when I was changing the sentiment on our family's Special Plate, Cooper asked to draw on it.  (as seen in this post)  During that time, he said, "I'm going to draw an H."  I had no idea that he would know how, so I said, "Okay" and watched as he really did it!  I said, "If you add an O to that it will say "Ho" then you can write it 2 more times, and it will say, "Ho Ho Ho" like Santa says.  So, as if he's been to preschool for months, he whipped out the dry-erase marker and wrote, "Ho Ho Ho".  I was so proud and told him that we would leave it for all of the family to see.  I added a Christmas ribbon to the plate (a touch that I often forget to add, sadly), and it sat on our kitchen counter for several days... until the older brother needed to wish everyone a Merry Christmas on it. (as seen in the last post) 

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's great ... we all knew Cooper was a genius. He's been speaking in paragraphs forever, hasn't he? :) Love that little guy.

Amanda said...

Way to go, Cooper! That's really good penmanship for such a little guy!

Kate said...

That's awesome! Where did you get that plate? It's such a cool idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails