Wednesday, December 24, 2008

25 DaYs Of ChRiStMaS - Day 23

Day 23 - Going To The Movies
Yesterday the kids and I took a break from the hustle & bustle of last minute preparations (and there were LOTS of last minute preperations!) and went to the movie theatre to see The Tale of Despereaux. Going to the movies might not seem like it fits in my 25 Days Of Christmas posts... but it does! Last year was the first time that our little family spent Christmas Day alone, and during that day we decided to go to the movies. I don't know if I had ever been to the movie theatre on Christmas Day before, and I was kind of expecting that most people didn't do that as part of their normal routine either. Boy, was I wrong! When we got to the theatre, there was a line of people waiting to buy tickets, the movie that we wanted to see was sold out, and we had to buy tickets and come back for a later showing. It was actually a fun outing for Christmas. I am a BIG fan of going to the movies, and there are usually a lot of family friendly movies that are released for this time of year, so I wouldn't be surprised if movie-going becomes a part of our family's Christmas traditions.

The Tale of Despereaux was good. Pretty intense for little ones at times, but we all liked it and give it our 8 thumbs up. :)

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That's one of our favorite books and we can't wait to see the movie ... I think we'll go next week.

chariti said...

I love Christmas movies. SO FUN!

Related Posts with Thumbnails