Saturday, December 1, 2007

Basketball Begins

Today Allie & Jack had their first basketball games of the season. Basketball was "my sport" in high-school. I love watching it and thinking through what is happening on the floor and what should be happening and what is about to happen. And I cannot tell you the thrill that I get when I see my kids do something amazing on the court. Today I got to experience that a few times... Allie scored 6 baskets and made one freeshot during her game... yep, I am a proud mama. My throat hurt a bit after that game from all of the yelling for my girl! Then, we were off to Jack's game. 7-year-old boys play much differently than 11-year-old girls, but I can honestly say that I was entertained! And Jack lived up to the "Energizer Bunny" nickname given to him after playing a game with the neighbors earlier this week. He is in a state of constant, excited movement when he is on the court. He played great defense and scored 1 basket. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I cannot wait to watch them c=both play soon. You will have to get me their schedules ASAP. I am so glad that Allie not only likes but is really good at basketball, it is my favorite sport to watch too.

Mama Jeannie said...

Please send their schedules. Their Poppie and Gibbie would LOVE to come watch. Way to go Allie and Jack!

Related Posts with Thumbnails