Monday, December 17, 2007

What I Learned Today In 2nd Grade

Today I am helping Jack with a research project for school, and we are looking up facts about Socrates, the Greek philosopher. These are my favorite things that he said that I have come across today.

"Know thyself."
"The only thing I know is that I know nothing."

I think that these are very interesting statements. One is almost the opposite of the other, but I can so relate to both of them. In trying to figure myself out... my life... my philosophy... my faith, I am more convinced that I know nothing at all. Every time that I think that I figure something out, everything changes, and I realize how little I really ever knew. I guess that that is what this process of life is about. Learning. Growing. Changing. Adapting. Surrendering.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails