Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Great Big Thank You And A Sigh Of Relief

Last night and today my dad and my brother took such good care of my man and my boy! They got Corey to the ER and got Jack to my brother's house, so he would have a comfy place to sleep. (He never knew he moved from The Place, to the car, to the house and that his daddy was at the hospital during the night. That was an answer to prayer as I was very worried about him being scared that his dad was at the hospital.) They were up all night by Corey's side, they got Corey's meds from the pharmacy, reminded him to take them every 4 hours, and my dad drove my guys home today. I don't know how we would have made it without them!

My mom was in town to keep my niece last night and was a great moral support to me over the last 2 days. She called and checked on me in the middle of the night and again this morning. She took Cooper for a ride in the cart today at Target while I got supplies to nurse my hubby back to health, and I cannot even begin to explain the relief that I felt just having a few minutes without a sick, whiny baby hanging on me in the midst of my stress.

The last couple of days have been draining for all of us. In 15 years Corey and I have never been apart from each other in a serious situation like the one that we just went through. I was surprised at the emotional toll that it took on me. As I was vacuuming and preparing for Corey's return today, I just started crying with relief. I could not wait for him to be home. Safe and sound. Where he was supposed to be. It has just felt wrong to be separated. Allie was worried about her daddy and needed to see that he was in fact okay, and as Cooper was looking for him this morning he said, "Where's my daddy? I miss him!"

So tonight, we are all home. Under one roof. Together. Corey's pain is under control with the help of meds, and he is resting in bed waiting on me to bring him ice-cream. Cooper is tucked away for the night... hopefully sleeping off the cold that he has been fighting, and the big kids and I are about to start a movie downstairs by the fire and the Christmas tree... I am sure that I will doze off after my roller coaster of a weekend, but it will be peaceful as I am at peace right here right now with my family beside me.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Corey is blessed to have you...so glad he's safe at home. You are a great nurse!

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone made it home safely and your family has the chance to recouperate after such an exciting weekend. Sorry for the guys that their can-can weekend was cancelled. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails