Friday, January 11, 2008

Beyond

Late tonight Allie and I were on my bed working on some things, and I was beyond tired.  I literally ran out of energy. Out.  Totally.  I thought that if I could just have a moment to regroup - maybe a power-nap or just a moment to shut my eyes - I would be fine, and we could get back to the task at hand.  I laid down, my little girl beside me, holding my hand as if to say, "It's okay Mommy.  Take a little break.  I'll wait for you." only to wake up several hours later, fully-clothed, on top of the covers, one earring on, the other floating around my bed somewhere, totally parched, and in a bit of a daze.  It took me a second to find my barrings then I saw that my little girl had stayed by my side. Fully-clothed, on top of the covers, still holding my hand.  I am moved to tears.  This little one that I have taken care of for over 11 years, was trying to take care of me.  This one that I am determined to meet the needs of, was trying to meet mine.  I truly am blown away with motherhood.  Everyday - but especially today.  It is excruciatingly hard sometimes.  Most days at some point I am almost sure that I cannot do it anymore... then I do.  And this, my little girl by my side, was my reward today.  I am beyond blessed.  

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

all of this is so beautiful Amy. wow...i have so many words to say but none of them are making it past my head. :-) you are loved.

Amanda said...

I agree with Elizabeth, Amy. You are loved, and you are not alone in your storm. I hope you find all the rest you need, and that, very soon.

Anonymous said...

This doesn't surprise me.....Allie has had a good Mommie to pattern after.

Anonymous said...

A little child shall lead them. What a precious heart your Allie Jill has and I agree with Daddy, such a beautiful mama to pattern her caring and loving character after. I love you Sweet Girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails