Friday, January 25, 2008

For Sara's Sake

I have to admit something... I am reading a book.  Not just any book... an "outdoor survival biography".  Now, if I were a computer-savvy person like most of you, I would make a hypertext (is that what it is called?) link to a post that I wrote earlier this month about my sister Sara, her funny wish list, and her desire for "outdoor survival biographies" for Christmas. I made sufficient fun of her then... so I won't do it again.  :)

So, it all started yesterday when Corey & I stole away in the middle of the day to see a movie. (thanks to school and a super friend that offered to pick the big kids up and let Cooper nap at her house after school)  We went to see Into The Wild.  It is a movie that is based on a book that was based on a true story of one guy's adventure... into the wild.  (Clever, ey?)  It was a really good movie!  (I, like Sean Penn, am a bit miffed at its lack of Oscar nominations.  I think that it deserved far more than 2!)  Anyway... since we went to see it yesterday, I have not been able to get it off of my mind.  I have searched the web for information that I might not have learned about Christopher McCandless in the movie and now I am .... wait for it... reading the book.  It is really interesting, and now I can honestly say, "I'm sorry." to my little sis' for giving her such heck.
Chris McCandless poses for his camera in one of his last acts. The small sign he holds reads: "I have had a happy life and thank the Lord. Goodbye and may God bless all."

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That sounds good! Does he survive? Doing the link thing is so easy. Highlight your word(s) and then click on that weird green globe looking thing at the top of the post (near the font stuff) and paste the link in. That's all there is to it. Careful ... it's addictive. Some of us tend to overuse it. :)

Amy said...

Now Randi, do you really want to know?

Sara said...

Thank you VERY MUCH!!! See???!!! They're interesting! =) I can't wait to see that movie!!!

Mama Jeannie said...

I agree; would love to see the movie myself. Did it just come out or is it at the $ movie by now? I remember noticing it before it came out and then forgot about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails