Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Playing With Cooper

Cooper's language is generally pretty easy to understand... at least for me. But lately he has been talking about "Mawdy". I would guess what he was saying... Monday? Muddy? Body?... and he would get frustrated. "No!!! Mawdy!" So, today, he said, "After this show, can I play Mawdy?" Not wanting to frustrate him, I just said, "Yes." When his show was over he enthusiastically said, "Yea! Let's play Mawdy!" By this time, I was convinced that he had an imaginary friend named Mawdy. Then, he brought me Jack's Gameboy and said, "Will you watch me play Mawdy?" Sure... I'd pretend along with him. Then, it dawned on me!!! MAWDY... MARIO! All of this time he has been talking about playing Super Mario on Jack's Gameboy!

A little while later, he brought me his pretend goggles that came with a toy weed-eater and asked me to put them on him. He was so proud of himself then growled in his "mean-guy" voice..."Where is my ocean?!?!"

And a while after that, this is how I found him...


He brings a smile to my face!

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that picture ... he looks hilarious! And very absorbed in the Mawdy game!

Mama Jeannie said...

Cooper is hilarious! I love this entry about him. Such a cutie. Made me laugh out loud. :0)

Elizabeth said...

Love that story!

Amanda said...

He is such a crazy kid -- I LOVE it!

Sara said...

Oh! MAWDY!!! SO glad to know! And those goggles! HILARIOUS!!! And his "mean guy" voice...too funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails