Thursday, October 25, 2007

Do I Know You?

I'm a blog-addict with insomnia. Actually, the insomnia came first which led to the blog addiction. So at night, when I can't sleep I check my friends' blogs. Unfortunatley, I don't have enough friends that blog, so after I do my checks on my "favorites list", I often start linking. ((You know you do it too!)) Recently, I have realized that some of the people that I read (and that may read me too) are becoming characters in my imagination. I read about what cute things their kids have done, their vacations, their home-improvement projects, their favorite shows, their hard times, etc. and I begin to "know them". The weirdest thing has started happening now though... they (you?) have started popping up in my conversations. Converstations with "real" people. People that I truly do know and am talking to face-to-face.

"So-and-so said this-or-that."
"So-and-so has the funniest sense of humor."
"So-and-so is on vacation right now."
"So-and-so takes the greatest pictures!"
"Poor so-and-so has been so sick."

Is that weird or what?!? Oh well... that is part of living in this bloggy-period in history.

Then, last week I crossed paths with someone, and thought "Where do I know that person from? They look farmiliar." Then, I realized... I "knew" them from their blog!!!

So, here's to getting to really know people... People are interesting.
I love it!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but mother and I talk about Suzanne and the quads as if we know them! Who needs a TV when you've got blogger? Although, I do love my Private Practice and Boston Legal...

Amy said...

Suzanne is a character in my conversations too! My sister, Emily, and I talk about her as if she is one of our girlfriends. :) I sure wish that she was not so busy and could post more! ... Maybe in about 18 years.

How did you find out about her, Courtney?

Courtney said...

I found her on your links.

Related Posts with Thumbnails