Monday, October 1, 2007

Mommy Thoughts

"A mother is only as happy as her least happy child."

I recently heard this said. It rang true with me then... and it resounds with me today. I could substitute the words "peaceful" or "content" for "happy"... whatever. The fact is, when my kids are upset, unhappy, stressed out, lonely, hurt, discontent... I am too. I feel for them. With them. Today, I am feeling for one of them in particular. I want to fix their little life. Make it better. Give them the perspective that I have. I want to take the pain away or at least put a band-aid on it... all while teaching my little one to persevere through this. Keep working. Keep struggling. Never give up. They are good enough! They are worth having a good life. A great life! So as this child struggles to find answers to questions about young life and the motivation and perspective to keep trying, I struggle too. I know that I cannot fix everything, so I must release my motherly grip a bit and see what happens. It is scary.

2 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Jeannie said...

Sorry, I made some grammatical errors on my original post so I am copying it and pasting it into this new one so that I can edit it correctly. Just didn't want yo to read that I had deleted my first one and wonder why the heck I did that. haha

~~~~
I love reading back through your blog entries Amy. I always find another treasure; a place of common ground or a place of learning. Thank you for that. I understand exactly what you are feeling in your entry about the hurting and searching child. Letting go is so hard and believe me, to know finding the right balance in doing that is kinda tricky, isn't it? You are doing a great job of mothering each one of your children and have wonderful insight into where each one is, in their own particular season of life. They will all come into adulthood whole, successful, and excited about their future I believe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails