Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fun With My Boys

Today while the big kids were at school, Cooper and I had a fun time playing soccer which included the blowing of a whistle (which Coop called a "horn") before every play. We also had a blast playing in front of Corey's fan. Cooper would say, "Let's be monsters." And we would growl. "Let's be silly." And we would talk in jibberish. "Let's be tickle." And we would say the sound that we make when we tickle babies. He laughed so hard that he would almost fall down from his little squatty stance.




This afternoon, I went to pick Jack up from school, and Allie went home with a friend. When he got in the van, he could not wait to tell me that he had won the class bingo game which included a prized Baskin Robbins gift certificate. I was anxious to get the baby home for his nap, but as I usually do when it come to special moments with the kids, I adjusted. We made a detour to that magical "Pink Ice Cream Store" as Cooper called it. I so enjoyed watching Jack float along the ice-cream freezer's window looking for the perfect flavor, and chatting with him over ice-cream was the best! We talked about baseball and football then football and baseball... with a little golf thrown in to spice up the conversaion. I must say that I had to work on my concentration skills as he talked (probably like Corey does during a conversation with Allie about Limited Too), but it was worth it.

4 comments:

Emily said...

The picture of Coop in front of the fan is one of the funniest I have seen. I actually laughed out loud. I am so glad that you and Coop get to have special alone time on school days!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I LOVE that photo of Cooper in front of the fan ... it makes me want to laugh out loud and I just keep looking at it! Way to go, Jack for the BR certificate!

Amy said...

I know! I laughed my head off when I actually captured that look. Priceless.

Amanda said...

Just echoing the comments about Cooper in front of the fan. I also laughed out loud. That's one for the wall, Mommy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails