Monday, October 29, 2007

Poor Scavenging Baby and The Realities Of A Homeschool Day With 3 Kids

... one of them being a two year old.

This afternoon I was helping Allie with her homework in the dining room. She had been patiently (kind of) waiting for my help all day, and I was finally able to give her my attention (kind of). Jack had finished his school work and was happily playing Wii (No, not very educational, but he was working on his hand-eye coordination. Yeah... we'll say that.), and I heard the stool being scooted around in the kitchen and knew that Coop was probably looking for a snack. I checked on him and saw that he had pushed the stool up to the counter and was having a leftover donut from this morning. Not the best snack in the world... but whatever! It bought me a few more minutes to help Allie.

I went back to work with Allie, and the next time that I saw Cooper he was running to me, proudly announcing that he was eating a piece of pizza. I quickly scanned my memory... " Where did he get that?!? When did we last eat pizza?!? Oh no!!! We ate pizza 2 nights ago! That pizza has been sitting in a pizza box in a trash pile for 2 days! Yuuuuck!" When I took him back to the kitchen to try to redirect him to a different snack, this is what I saw...

He had eaten the icing off of the donut, left the rest, and moved on to the trash pile. It made me laugh outloud!

Poor baby! Scavenging for his snack!

A family's got to do what a family's got to do.

3 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Amy, you tell the funniest mama/kid stories of almost anyone I've ever known. How many of us would admit our kids ate out of the trash? It's kinda like the 3 second rule of eating off the floor. We all do it at home on occasion, but usually throw that dropped bite away in public. I appreciate your transparency. Cooper is a trooper, isn't he? So funny!

Emily said...

Maybe one of the funniest stories of the month. I love that little scavenger.

Ila Brook said...

You're on a roll today! I'm glad I checked in! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails