Tuesday, October 9, 2007

You Light Up My Life


This morning I am a little sad. My best friend is having a birthday celebration, and I cannot go. I have a baby. A kind-of-sick baby. So, I am right where I want to be. Right where I belong... beside him. But I am missing out on some fun while I am.

So, to brighten our day, we made a Sonic run this morning. When we pulled up, he said, "Actually, I want an apple juice slush." (The word "actually" is just fun for him to say right now. He doesn't know the 'actual' contex that it should be used in.) As we pulled away from the Sonic he took a big sip and said, "This is WEEELY WEEELY good." And a few seconds later... "This is delicious!" (That was the first time that I had heard him say that one!)

I had to smile.

Now we are home. Playing. He found a pair of pretend binoculars, held them up to his eyes backwards, and said, "I better take your picture. Say cheese." I did as I was told. He said, "Thanks for the picture Mommy. Thanks for smiling."

No, thank you for making me.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a lovely story. I'm sorry Cooper's still sickly, but I'm glad you're having happy, memorable moments in it.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm waiting for Kim and just decided to check blogs ... I'm bummed that you're not here but I'm glad that Cooper's reminding you of how great (and special) it is to be a Mom. He's so darn cute!

Emily said...

I love this stage in Coop's life. He is so funny! I ADORE that picture of him, it is FANTASTIC!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails