Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Purse

In response to my last post, my friend, Amanda, gave me a list of ideas to write about. (Yes, we were both up in the middle of this night discussing this via the Internet.) So, here is my attempt at breaking my blogging block.

** List the contents of your handbag. Tell a story about them, or let them tell a story about you.

I love bags, purses, wallets, etc. I look at them all of the time. I always want a new one. A different one. A cuter one. A more stylish one. I seldom get one, but I always want one. Recently I did splurge and get a new purse. I loved it... until I used it for a while and realized it was too small. It simply would not hold all of my stuff (more on that to come). So, I had to splurge again. There was a purse at Target that I had had my eye on, and the moment I saw the magical orange clearance tag on it, I snatched it up. I like this one a lot! It is fun... and big. Now, if I can keep from cramming it full of things that I don't really need.

Inside of my big, new purse this is some of what I have that may (or may not) say something about me...
~ Flavored JANE Mega Bites lipstick
This is a teenie bopper brand, but I LOVE it! I am a big "flavor person". My current favorite flavor/ color is "Powerfruit". In the past I have loved "Chocolots" and "Butterscotch Blast". I think that they discontinued Butterscotch Blast, but if I ever gets my hands on some, I will buy the whole case.
~ On a similar note... Burt's Bees Lip Balm
The best lip stuff out there! I love that tingly feeling that it gives my lips.
~ A coin with an angel on it
One day we were at the museum, and Jack had money to spend at the gift shop. He bought himself a treasure then "surprised" me with this angel coin that had a lovely poem attached to it. He said that he wanted me to carry it with me and always be reminded of him. I love it, and when I see it in my coin compartment it makes me smile!
~ Coupons for buy one get one free drinks at Starbucks
What a treasure! Although they don't work at the Starbucks at Barnes & Noble, so that is a bummer.
~ A hot pink cell phone case
I had had an old, previously owned, cracked, worn out cell phone for a long time. A couple of weeks ago, we needed to change our phone plan, and I got a new phone! Woo Hoo! When the girl was changing my sim card she said, "Does this phone even work?!?" Sadly, it was so beat up that she thought that it was out of commission. So, in addition to phone insurance that may prevent my phone from getting into that bad of shape again, I got a handy dandy case to keep my new phone in. Maybe that will prolong its life. Oh! And one more thing about my new phone that I love... Corey recorded Cooper saying "I love you Mommy" on it. For a while that was my ring. Then, Allie recorded Cooper singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" on it, so in honor of Jack's baseball season, that is my current ring. It makes me smile every time I get a call.
~ A big ol' black wallet
I'm sorry! I clean it out ever so often, but it is just big. I wish that it was because it was so full of money! But alas, it is because of punch cards. Yep, you know the buy 10 pair of sunglasses at the mall kiosk, get one free kind. I have never bought even one pair of sunglasses at that place, but I have a punch card for them that I carry around... just in case. (I think that they handed it to me one day as I walked by.) I also have punch cards for several restaurants, children's resale stores, etc., and I actually use those. I get such a thrill when I fill them!
~ Gift cards
I LOVE gift cards. They are like free money. Bonus money. I actually used 2 gift cards in the last week that I had from my birthday last year in December. (By the way, I used one of these to buy my new purse from Target. I love to be frugal. I love to have "my money". I love gift cards!) Also, last week, my mom sent me a "just because" card with a little money in it to use at Sonic. The next morning, I rushed to Sonic and bought myself a gift card with it, so I wouldn't spend it on anything but my drinks. Gift cards make me happy!
~ Sunglasses
A must! I am a whimp when it comes to sun in my eyes! I wear sunglasses all year round - every day! Today, I think that my trusty sunglasses literally saved my sight at Jack's ballgame as the dust was blowing so badly.
~ Keys
My keys have a Mini-Cooper key chain on them... go figure.
~ A Kate Spade knock-off checkbook cover
My friend, Jenny, scored this for me in NYC 2 1/2 years ago, and I love it.
~ And last, but certainly not least... Lollipops
A mom's best friend. Just today, a DumDum bought me a few more minutes of good-baby time. Never leave home without them.

So, there is a peek into my purse... and beyond.

It is now 4:07am, and I am off to bed...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yea, it worked! We have peeked into your purse, and in turn, your soul. Moohahaha! :)

Mama Jeannie said...

How fun! Made me want to go through my own purse and see what stories I could come up with. :0) I love you sweet girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails