Friday, October 26, 2007

Handwriting Woes

My Jackie is a great student. He loves school. He is a really good reader and loves math, but there is one subject that he despises. Handwriting. From what I hear, this is fairly common among boys.

Yesterday was 'Teacher Confrence Day' at his school, and I asked him if there was anything that he wanted me to talk to his teacher about during my time with her. He said, "Can you ask her if she can invent a pencil that won't hurt my hand so bad when I do handwriting?"

I did.

She can't. :)



Today at home we were tackling handwriting during our school-time. Now, he is a tad bit excited about his most-hated subject right now because he just started learning cursive. A big deal in a 2nd grader's life! So... today he was writing along when I heard him say under his breath, "Sweet Nibblets! This hurts!"

I laughed out loud!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails