Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Claustrophobic Feet

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love my flip-flops. LOVE THEM! I have several pairs... although I always seem to wear the same black ones. I have casual ones and dressy ones. (Is that possible? "Dressy" ones?) I even wore them to church on Easter the last 2 years - though, I admit, it seemed a little blasphemous. :) Well, today I took a detour from my airy friends... and I hated it! It has been cool here for the last couple of days (Yea, Fall might finally be here!), so today I thought that I would "dress up" and wear my black boots. I think that my feet have changed shape over the summer... kind of like silly putty left out on the table... becasue OH MY GOODNESS! My feet hurt so badly after walking around a shopping center for a while without my flip-flops. And besides the pain... my feet truly felt claustrophobic (if feet can "feel" that feeling).

So... here's my delima. How do I keep my feet comfortable, yet warm, this winter? Any suggestions? I'm thinking these new lined Crocs that I saw might do the trick... Do you think I can wear those to church???

I live here in Texas, so if nothing else, I think that I can tough it out for the few weeks of winter in my future, but I must say... I can't wait for the hot days that will inevitably pop up ever so often over the next few months when I can wear my flip-flops!

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I grew up in Canada (major snow and ice) and we wore Birkenstocks and wool socks for a period in our lives! There are ways to accommodate your claustrophobic feet ... good luck!

Ila Brook said...

I second the birks with wool socks.... there's a line of wool socks called smartwool that come in really nice, fun pattersns. :-)

Courtney said...

LL Bean carries Shearling Flip Flops. I don't have any, but every year I say I'm going to order them just to have to run around in...I definitely wouldn't wear them to church! :-) The description in the magazine calls them slippers, but also says they're indoor/outdoor. Maybe just to run out to the mail box or run into the drug store or to a friend's house...I, too, thoroughly enjoy my flip flops!

Related Posts with Thumbnails