Monday, October 1, 2007

That Kind of Day

So, if you couldn't tell from my earlier posts today... it's been a rough one. It started that way this morning, and it continued off and on all day. Why are some days like that?!? Homework is hard. Chores are even harder. Hands hurt from writing too much. Backs hurt from... something, I can't remember. (Something just ALWAYS hurts when it is chore time.) Tears are free-flowing (from more than one of us) She mocks him. He screams at her. The baby has an unusually short nap. Blah. Blah. Blah. Well, by 7:00pm I was exhausted. "Sick-a-fork-in-me-I'm-done! Exhausted!" Corey was still working, dinner had been cooked and served, the kitchen was a royal mess (It wanted to match the rest of the house. How could I say no?!?), and all I wanted to do was take a little break on the couch while the kids played around me as I dozed. I felt it was necessary to make it through the rest of this god-forsaken day. (Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.) As you can probably tell from the mood of this little ditty, my few moments of rest didn't go so well. Imagine that! Cooper pulled the blanket out from under my head just as I was dozing off, Jack climbed on top of me - repeatedly, and Cooper literally crawled my head (Which, by the way, my hair is attached to. Ouch!). In this midst of my misery Corey walked in. I asked for a rescue... somehow he did not read the clues that I was serious. He laid on the floor and dozed off for a few minutes, himself. Once I finally gave up on the idea of rest, started cleaning the kitchen, and sat down at the table to finish homework with Allie, Corey walked up, smiled and said, "That was the best nap!"

Breathe in. Breathe out. Don't yell. Don't cuss. Just smile and say, "Glad you enjoyed it."... or something like that.

Now, I am off to say, for the gazillionth time tonight, "Go to bed!" "I'm serious!" "Right now." "I'm done!!!" "Sure, go get a drink." "I love you too." "Now, go to bed!" "Right now!" "No, you may not play 'just one more game'." "I'm serious! I'm done!" There are still uniforms to prepare, lunches to make, laundry to change, homework to check, and a kitchen that is not finished being cleaned that I have to get to tonight.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well, since you have nothing else to do... :-)

You've been tagged! Check my blog and get to steppin on your answers! :-)

Mama Jeannie said...

...and that is when, back in my day, I sat smack dab down in the middle of the kitchen floor on a Sunday afternoon and wept. Be encouraged though sweet girl; you can bet your bottom dollar that the sun will come out tomorrow... or something like that. :0) I love you.

Ila Brook said...

This is my kind of day! I am sooo glad to see I'm not the only one who has these! Hang in there!
B.

Related Posts with Thumbnails