Monday, October 1, 2007

Odd Timing

Last Friday early, early morning I posted "wish that i could... on so many levels". It was about my feelings of wanting sleep, obviously. And maybe not so obviously... my feelings of wanting the experience of holding a sleeping baby again. The one in the picture... his siblings... ones that I have lost... and ones that are not even in existance.

That night, my brother & sister-in-law announced that they are expecting a baby. I am thrilled for them. Beyond thrilled. But a twinge of sadness has entered my heart too. This is the brother and sister-in-law that we shared our last pregnancy with. Our babies are the same age. For 3 years we have shared every milestone that parents of new babies share. Now, they are moving on. They are having another baby. I want to move on with them, but at this point I cannot.

What odd timing... as my heart is longing for something I cannot have. Life. Full of odd timing!

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh, but sweet girl, you have been where they are going. You do know; you have felt what they are feeling. Embrace the moment with them; you who loves with the deepest of what a mother-heart can feel. You'll soon hold and love on and encourage their baby as you remember and watch your own continue to grow. Sometimes you love so much it hurts, don't you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails