Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sad Baby

Today Cooper is not feeling his best. He ran fever last night. Today he is okay - just not himself. If it were up to him, he and I would camp out on the couch and snuggle all day. Unfortunately, life has to keep moving sometimes... I have spent the day bouncing back and forth between 2nd grade, a snuggly baby, 5th grade, a whiney baby, back to 2nd grade, and so on. During one of my visits to the kitchen table to help Allie with her school work, Cooper - wearing only a diaper - crawled up on the table, stood up, put his hands on his hips, and stuck out his lip. He just stood there. Looking at me. Sad. Silent. His big brown eyes seemed to be saying, "What are you thinking Mommy?!? What on earth could be more important than holding me, this adorable little diaper wearing bundle of joy, right now?" Then, he flopped onto his tummy and started kicking his little feet and banging his little fists on the table. He followed that with a swipe of his arms that landed all of Jack's school work on the kitchen floor.

"Okay, already! You've got my attention!"

After a reprimand and explanation that I have to help the big kids with their homework today too, we found our way to the chair - just him and me - for some snuggle time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails