Saturday, September 29, 2007

Friday Night Lights

Last night we went to one of my dad's high school football games. All of my Selke-family was there except one sister, Sara, and her family (the new Oklahomans). We missed them badly. The rest of us were easy to recognize at the game as our kids were the ones wearing the "I LOVE POPPIE" shirts. My getting-more-creative-by-the-day-sister, Emily, had the great idea to make them, and they were a hit!

The Selke Grandkids (except for Sweet Asher)...







If you look at my blog often you know that my Cooper is a sports-a-holic. He was so excited to go to Poppie's football game! UNTIL... he saw the "CowboyDog"...the mascot wearing cow-print clothes that reminded him of a dalmatian, evidentially. At first he was okay about looking at the CowboyDog from a distance, but once we tried to get this photo, he was totally paranoid that it was going to get him... and still kind of is. Poor little guy! At least we got a new, funny Cooper-word out of the deal.


This year my big brother, Coby, started helping my dad coach. It is so cool to watch them work together on the sidelines - especially when they walk the same, stand the same, rub their heads the same, etc. My dad is the absolute best coach I have ever known or known of. Hands down. I am glad that my brother is getting a chance to emulate him in this way!


A few pics., just for fun...








Maybe my favorite picture of the night... Jack joined my dad and brother in the huddle at the end of the game. This is the 3 of them, from the back, during the prayer.

1 comment:

Ila Brook said...

I think it is so cool that you guys are so close! It looks like you all had loads of fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails