Monday, September 3, 2007

When did that happen?

Tonight I was thinking about when a few things - things that are normal and an everyday part of Cooper's life - started. You know, when something has just "always" been and you can't remember when it began? One of the things that I was thinking about was inspired by my entry about Cooper's "turtle face". He was born in June, and I know that we were already calling him Turtle - or the spanish, Tortuga - in July, but I wanted to hunt down the first picture of him actually making "the face". This one is not until February, but it is 100% My Little Turtle!



Another thing that I was contimplating is when Cooper started sucking his 2 fingers. It seems that he has just always done that although I vividly remember trying to MAKE the poor baby take a paci for a couple of months. The picture of him sleeping is the first one I ever took of him and his new found friends. (September) The other is just a better shot at the same thing.




The last thing that I was wondering about my little guy was when he started his most favorite (and probably most odd) habit of wanting to put one hand in his mouth and one hand in his loved ones' mouths. When he first started doing this, he did not discriminate. He reached for anyone's mouth. Now, I am pretty much the only target of his affection in that area. It is a habit that I am trying to help him break but one that brings him much comfort. I just wonder how in the heck he discovered it... The picture of Cooper and me is the first documentation of "Mama's Mowwth" as he calls it. (March) The one of Corey & Coop was taken in April.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails